Current First-year Students
You are here
Use this application form to apply to the Milstein Program if you are a current freshman at Cornell. The deadline to apply is March 31st.
Current A&S First-year Students
- Current A&S freshmen can apply to the Milstein Program by filling out the online application form by March 31st. In the application you will authorize the committee to review your Cornell admission materials.
- The director and faculty selection committee will review applicants’ admission materials and first semester Cornell transcripts by April 15th.
- A select group of applicants will be invited to advance to the next stage of admissions. Applicants will receive an email invitation to schedule an interview at that time.
- The faculty review committee will interview prospective participants to identify leadership qualities and unique capacities to bring to the cohort.
- Applicants accepted to the program will be notified by May 1st.
Cornell First-year Applicants from Other Colleges at Cornell - Internal Transfers
- Follow the process outlined above for Current Arts and Sciences freshman.
- Applicants can apply to the program before officially transferring into the College of Arts and Sciences; however, admission to the program is contingent upon subsequent admission to the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Students interested in applying to the Milstein Program from other colleges at Cornell will need to identify their home college on the Milstein Program application form.
- The online Milstein Program application form is due by March 31st.
- Internal transfer students who are selected as finalists for the Milstein Program will be notified by May 1st.
- Students selected as finalists for the Milstein Program will need to complete an internal transfer application to the College of Arts and Sciences by the last day of classes of their freshman year. They must indicate on the internal transfer application that they have applied to the Milstein Program.
- Applicants will be notified of their admission to the College of Arts and Sciences and to the Milstein Program by mid-June.
Freshman Transfer Applicants from Outside Cornell
Please contact the admissions office to discuss transferring to Cornell.