Milstein Program Admissions
Students interested in the Milstein Program in Technology & Humanity have two opportunities to apply to the program;
- As a high school student applying to the College of Arts & Sciences at Cornell
- During the spring semester as a Cornell freshman
Students interested in learning more about the program can always contact the Milstein Program office.
Current high school students
- High School applicants interested in applying to the Milstein Program in Technology & Humanity should identify their interest by checking the Milstein Program box on the Common App when filling out the application for Cornell.
- After checking the interest box for the Milstein Program on the Common App, applicants should use the supplemental College of Arts and Sciences essay to explain how they are a good fit with the Milstein Program.
- The director and faculty selection committee will review application materials and a select group of applicants will be contacted in March and invited to schedule an interview. Interviews of Milstein finalists will be conducted either virtually or in person during April, and decisions will be released to interviewees prior to May 1st.
- Only those applicants offered an interview will be notified in the spring. Non-finalists will not be contacted.
Current First-year Students
Current A&S First-year Students
- Current A&S freshmen can apply to the Milstein Program by filling out the online application form by December 31st. In the application you will authorize the committee to review your Cornell admission materials.
- The director and faculty selection committee will review applicants’ admission materials and first semester Cornell transcripts.
- Only applicants accepted to the program will be notified during the winter break of your first year at Cornell.
- Accepted students will need to enroll in the First Year Project.
Cornell First-year Applicants from Other Colleges at Cornell - Internal Transfers
- Follow the process outlined above for Current Arts and Sciences freshman.
- Applicants can apply to the program before officially transferring into the College of Arts and Sciences; however, admission to the program is contingent upon subsequent admission to the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Students interested in applying to the Milstein Program from other colleges at Cornell will need to identify their home college on the Milstein Program application form.
- The online Milstein Program application form is due by December 31st.
- Students selected for the Milstein Program will need to complete an internal transfer application to the College of Arts and Sciences. They must indicate on the internal transfer application that they have applied to the Milstein Program.
Freshman Transfer Applicants from Outside Cornell
Please contact the admissions office to discuss transferring to Cornell.